Too shy to tell this boy I like him

September 17, 2020

Dear Pastor,

I am 16 years old, and I am living with my parents. I live in a gated community. I like where I live. My parents allow my friends to come over, and we have lots of fun.

There is this guy who lives with his parents also, he is 17. When I was having my 16th birthday party, I invited him. Some of my friends who do not live in our complex told me how nice he was; he was so cool. I admired this guy so much. From my bedroom window, I would look at him when he was going to school, or when he was dressed to go out to play football.

All the time I wished that I could get him to be my boyfriend because I do not have a boyfriend. It is my dream for this guy to know that I like him.

One Saturday, I went into the pool and there he was. I could not take my eyes off his body. There were a few people in the pool also, so we just threw the ball around until he said that he was leaving. I have his number. Is it wrong for me to call him and tell him how much I admire him? Suppose he tells me that he has a girlfriend? I would not like that.

What can I do to let him know that I admire him? I am hoping that you would answer my letter quickly.

M.L.

Dear M.L.,

Don't worry, it is not unusual for young people to admire each other. Girls admire boys all the time. It is a part of growing up. In fact, it is natural.

Girls get excited when they see guys who are well shaped and muscular. Some even get into fights with other girls over these guys. Sometimes these guys are not even aware that the girls are admiring them. I have said the above to let you know that what you are experiencing is not abnormal. Of course, boys admire girls too; it goes both ways.

IDEAS TO USE

Some girls are bold enough to tell the guys that they like them, other girls are reserved and are not really up front with it. Many girls give little gifts to guys, especially on their birthday or on Valentine's Day. I would suggest that you try to find out when is this guy's birthday and that you purchase something for him, out of your pocket money.

Do not give the impression to your girlfriends that both of you are dating. That would be wrong. It is also dangerous to do so because he might not like you.

The bottom line is, whenever it is possible, you can give the guy a hint that you like him. But please, if you are sending a text, be careful what you say in the text, because he may show it to others and embarrass you. The only way to find out if he likes you is to ask. You have his number, so try to muscle up the courage and ask to see if he is interested in you.

Pastor

Other Tell Me Pastor Stories